Healthy Homemade Tootsie Rolls
Thanks to Lisa at Low Carb Yum for creating this VitaFiber® IMO candy recipe. This recipe is completely sugar-free and it is modified to be a healthy low carb candy treat.
- 4 Tbsp (60g) VitaFiber® IMO syrup
- 1/4 cup of cocoa
- 1/4 cup of whey protein powder
- 2 Tbsp powdered milk
- 1/2 cup of sweetener
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of melted butter
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Blend sweetener in food processor or blender until powdered
- Mix cocoa, whey protein powder, powdered milk, sweetener, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat VitaFiber® IMO syrup in microwave until bubbles form (about 30 seconds).
- Add melted butter and vanilla.
- Stir dry mix into wet and mix until crumbly. Using hands, knead mixture until a dough is formed.
- Shape dough into a ball, then flatten out. Cut into strips and roll out each strip into a rope about the diameter of a Tootsie roll. Cut dough rope into Tootsie roll size pieces.
- Wrap each roll in small rectangular pieces of wax paper if desired. Store rolls in refrigerator so they will be firm.
- Makes 3 dozen rolls.